
A mommy has died.
Abbey's little friend from preschool. Her mom has been very sick with cancer, and she died a few days ago. She was older, and wasn't able to have children on her own. She later adopted two children. two girls--one is 5 and one is 2 {so much like me}
My heart just BREAKS for them. I laid in bed last night thinking about it, and it just made me so grateful for what I have. I became so overwhelmed with love for my own two girls.
I can't imagine not being here to watch them grow into beautiful Young women, To see them excel in life {as I know they will} To be there on their wedding day {seeing them sealed for time and eternity in the temple to a man who will love and cherish them}, to hold their hand as they deliver their own sweet babies.
From day to day, I feel overwhelmed and at times frustrated as a mother. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. And I am so Grateful and feel so blessed that it is me...cleaning up the spilled orange juice or kissing a scraped knee. It is ME that is the first person they see when they wake up and the last person they see as they fall to sleep.
So last night, I thanked my Heavenly Father for my two girls. For my health and theirs. For a wonderful husband. And the awesome opportunity I have to raise my children.
And my heart and prayers are with two other little girls... who no longer have their mommy.
18 comments:
OH what a beautiful picture of you are your girls. Your girls have a wonderful mother. We are so blessed!
Such a sweet little post! I agree with you 100% on everything you said. My mom told me about this and it made me so sad for their little girls!
Wow Rach that is so sad. It's true and makes me want to slow down a little more with my wee ones too. I can't imagine life without them.
So unfortunate. This post makes me count my blessings!
Thanks for the post it makes me count my blessings also!
Thanks for pointing out how old I made myself, I didn't even notice that!!! Thanks!
Are you trying to make sure I still have tears & can still cry? That's so hard to think of losing you mom so young. It makes me feel better that I haven't gotten upset w/ the kids yet this morning:) (YET)
How what a sweet post. I'll be praying for that family too.
I won't even pretend like I didn't start sobbing when beginning to read this post. We are all so blessed, in different ways, and life is too short to ever take those blessings for granted. You have two of the cutest, sweetest little girls and you're a fantastic mother. They're lucky to have you.
Thanks for posting something so inspiring. I needed that today.
Beautiful post Rach. It breaks my heart to hear that a mommy is gone.
Great post Rach...I was able to have a good little cry! It breaks my heart for those two little girls!!
Great thanks for making me cry! No that was a good post though!
SO SAD! I agree with everything you said! And of course it made me cry! Seriously I can't imagine not doing what we are being able to do right now...
This story just makes me so sad. I cry every time I think of it.
Thank you for making me cry . . . not! But seriously, it did make me say a silent prayer and be so thankful for my kids. You are a great mommy, Rach.
I have the ugliest cry face and I can't stop making it right now. That was so sweet...and sad but mostly sweet. Thanks for reminding me how extra special moms are. I think you are amazing!
Wow Rach how heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing though and for reminding us to be grateful for each new day!
I enjoyed your post and am now commenting through tear filled eyes --thanks for sharing
Post a Comment