Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Tax season, come and gone!


April 15th marks a glorious day in the Mathews' household. Today is
"tax day" and today is the day that we get our beloved hubby and daddy back. This past month it has been difficult to remember why RJ chose a career like accounting. But now we are DONE and we can enjoy a much more laxed schedule of daddy home by 5:15, and 1/2 day Fridays...so much that we have missed these past four months.

TOP TEN WORST THINGS ABOUT TAX SEASON:
(not to sound negative or anything)


10. No daddy to help with the night time routine, that REALLY requires two people

9. No reason to cook dinner, so mooching way too much off my mom or McDonalds
8. Not being able to have a conversation with my husband for the past month,
because I'm in bed before he gets home

7. Not being able to watch our favorite shows together.
(Office-although, they decided to take a break with us--Biggest Loser and American Idol--okay I think that last one is more for me, but he humors me,
now Abbey has become my official "American Idol" partner)

6. Monday night, RJ becoming Legendary at work for staying until 6:00am (Tues. morning) coming home for a shower and back to work by 6:30 am.
5. Makayla forgetting who her daddy is altogether
(but was quick to remember...she has loved having him home tonight. )
4. Needing a little "mommy time" but no daddy to take over (I'm a MUCH better mom, when I've had a little mommy time)
3. Not being able to get anything done that we've wanted to this Spring-- Planting a garden, working in the yard, even simple things like taking Abbey to "Horton hears a Who."
2. Missing out on little family trips (like to Ryan's work--at Bar10 ranch-) because he can't take any time off, so being a single mom--no fun!
1. Becoming a single mom for four months...
Wow, I'm so thankful for my husband.
It really makes me realize how much he does for me and our family.


And just for the record, he rarely complained. He was wonderful and happy when he was home. He even thanked me for being so supportive! What?? He's the one who has to be at work all day and night....and he's thanking me?? What a guy. I love him so much and I'm so thankful for the hard worker he is, and thankful tax season is OVER!!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Man...What a hard worker. I would be so excited for this day every year! You are amazing.

west's said...

That would be so hard for me. You're so good to let him keep working there!! I need Kelly to help me with the kids or I go crazy. I guess it's kinda been like that with his late night classes, but atleast it's not every night. Great jerb for being so supportive.

The Steel's said...

Oh Sad, I can barely handle when Preston has young mens once a week. I am glad he is done for the year. You poor thing. Katelyn loves American Idol too. She even "boos" and "wahoos" when they are good or bad in her opinion. And so sad, Makayla couldn't remember him..I am glad she warmed up fast. Hope you have lots of fun with your hubby back around. Probably less blogging though!

Jen Hill said...

I'm glad you have your hubby back - that is no fun! Hailey is a total American Idol fan - her favorites are Kristy and "Archuleta" :)

Cute scrap pages too! I really need to learn how to do that.

abbyjane said...

Jeff almost became an accountant, thank goodness! Instead he just decided to go to school for the rest of our lives! Wait...which is worse?

Glad life is back to normal for the next 8 months!